FAQs Pins/ Preorders
How long will a Pin preorder take to completely fund?
- It can vary. It entirely depends on how popular the design is. I do try and promote the preorders as much as possible. I also tend to put any funds I can towards the preorders as well so they will fund quicker. It took take several weeks or months. I do try and keep everyone updated on the progress.
How long does Pin production take?
- The suppliers I use usually take 3 to 5 weeks to make the pins and send them to me. Depending on the amount of designs I may have, can also affect this time range.
When can I expect the pins?
- As I said it can vary depending on the two points above. I organise all the packages before the pins even arrive so when they do I can efficiently sort the pins and post them. Delivery for the UK can take up to seven days, they are sent first class but it entirely depends on the postal service. Delivery to anywhere else can take up to 30 days. It is a lengthy process so keep that in mind when ordering.
I haven’t received a confirmation order email or a shipping notification email. What do I do?
- If you haven’t received confirmation order email or a shipping notification this means that my emails may have gone to your spam/junk folders. I do not know why this happens. If you received a confirmation email but not a shipping notification I update regularly on my social media with post office runs and which orders I’ll be sending so if you do not receive one your order is mostly still being processed. Once an order is posted I always update the order status’ straight away.
How can I contact you with an inquiry?
- You can message me on here if there is ever an issue. There is also my email address - email@example.com. I am also on social media if that’s easier. Social links are all over my website! Instagram, Facebook etc!
What if I order something along side a preorder?
- Whatever you order with a pin preorder it will not be sent until I have the preorders pins in hand. This is to combine postage/shipping and packaging costs. I do prepare the packages so everything is set aside ready to go.
What are seconds?
- Seconds are pins that are not A-grade pins, meaning they could have defects such as dents, scratches and dust spots. Seconds are sold at a lower price due to this. I personally have a very high standard of what A-grades pins are so my seconds are anything less than perfect. Seconds are randomised ie chosen randomly if ordered, so you could get a pin with just a dust spot, or a pin that has just a scratch. They also won’t be packaged the same as A-grade pins, they will have no backing card or packaged in a clear cellophane bag. Just a resealable bag I receive them in.
What is a P4P pin?
- P4P or pay for production pins are different than my normal preorders as all the funds go towards production/postage and I get no profit from them whatsoever. More units are available which in turns means the pins will generally be at a much lower price than my normal preorder pins/general pins. Once a P4P is over, the pins will no longer the available as I can not sell them after the P4P ends, I can not make a profit off of them.
I think my order is lost, what do I do?
- I am not responsible for the loss of your order once it has left the UK, if you think it is lost, I suggest contacting the courier with the tracking number that I provided you when I sent off your order. Always enquire with the courier first as they would have more information than me. You can always contact me if you have may issues.
I ordered a P4P pin and I think it’s lost, what do I do?
- The same as above. Also as its a P4P quantity is very limited to begin with and for a P4P to be fulfilled all pins have to be accounted for (purchased) during the run of the P4P, this means I can not send replacements as there will be no pins left. I can also not offer refunds as the all the funds went towards production of the pins which I can not get back. This is always a potential risk with P4Ps.
I can not see any updates on my order. Where can I see the status? Where can I see updates?
- If your order has said the same thing since you made it it means I still have to fulfil the order, usually for preorders this is the case as preorders take a while to fulfil while the pins are getting made. If you ever want to know the progress of an preorder or P4P I have a updates on the progress of such things on my Pin Updates page.